Leigha's Mom and Dad

Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 13, 2005

1st Childbirth Class

Last night, Daddy and I attended our Childbirth Preparation Class. Items needed for class: 2 pillows and a blanket. Daddy wanted his own pillow because he didn’t want to feel the hard floor so we had 3 pillows and a blanket.

The class introduced themselves and voiced their fears or concerns about childbirth. Daddy spoke for us until I chimed in on my fears. I fear the pain of childbirth and watching graphic videos in class. Daddy doesn’t have any fears (well at least he didn’t voice any).

The class participated in an oral group True/False quiz about pregnancy. Daddy was very good and getting the answers. Mommy was trying to have mental control of her bladder but eventually lost and had to waddle during the quiz to the restroom.

We practiced breathing techniques and pelvic exercises. Daddy had plenty of jokes during the class at that point. I won’t comment further.

Then the instructor did the unthinkable. She showed a childbirth video! How dare she do that in my childbirth class? I would rather go through it without knowing what it looks like versus being petrified by my overactive imagination. Now, I have 2 more months before I give birth to think about that video.

The nastiest part was not the deliver of the child but the delivery of the placenta. THAT WAS THE GROSSEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! It looked like a stomach full of goop being pulled from "that area." It looked slimy, bloody, and it was HUGE. It was the size of my head. I can’t even properly describe what it looks like. Just take my word for it: It was GROSS.

Maybe class will be better next week…I will let you know.


- MOMMY

65 Days to Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home